Things to See
Batcombe is 10 minutes from Bruton, home to Hauser & Wirth Gallery ,The Roth Bar and The Chapel; all lovely eating places.
Take a walk and explore the Bartons and antique shops. You can have coffee at The Chapel and sample their fine bakeries. There are other pubs and eateries also in Bruton.
Within 20 minutes to 1/2 hour is Castle Cary, Frome, Shepton Mallet, Wells. Castle Cary is a delightful market town with independent shops. Wells has its beautiful cathedral and Bishop’s Palace.The smallest City in England. It really is small and easy to walk around.
Further afield is Bath, ¾ hour (use the Park and Ride), Bristol and Salisbury both an hour away. Historic and glorious National Trust gardens are at Stourhead and Lytes Cary (25 mins) Montecute is a little further south. Longleat (easy ½ hour) home to the Marquess of Bath and the famous Lions of Longleat offers a full day’s experience at Longleat House with is associated gardens, vast areas of parkland entertainment areas and world class Safari Park.
- Wells Cathedral - www.wellscathedral.org.uk
- Bishops Palace, Wells - www.bishopspalace.org.uk
- Cheddar Caves and Gorge - www.cheddarcaves.co.uk
- Bath and West Showground - www.bathandwest.com
- Roman Baths, Bath - www.romanbaths.co.uk
- Costume Museum, Bath - www.museumofcostume.co.uk
- Haynes Motor Museum - www.haynesmotormuseum.com
- Fleet Air Arm Museum - www.fleetairarm.com
- SS Great Britain - www.ssgreatbritain.org
- Royal Crescent, Bath - www.no1royalcrescent.org.uk www.visitbath.co.uk
- Longleat - www.longleat.co.uk
- Stourhead - www.nationaltrust.org.uk